- What is an electromagnet?
- How does it work?
- Is it possible to detect a magnetic field using a battery and compass?
- Will the process work using coiled copper wire instead of a battery?
- What are simple machines?
- How do they work?
- What are their names?
- How does using a simple machine change force, work, and distance?
- What are some simple machines we use every day?
- What is a circuit?
- A closed or open circuit?
- How are circuits constructed and how are they used?
- Can two light bulbs remain list if one switch is turned off or part of a circuit is opened?
- How can we draw circuits?
- Can we create a doorbell?
||Heart Rate Monitoring
- How do health care professionals monitor heart rate?
- Is there more than one way to monitor heart rate?
- What makes the heart beat faster?
- What makes the heart beat slower?
- How can a handheld computer be used to monitor heart rate?
||Vitamin C Indicators
- What is vitamin C and why is it important to health?
- Can we measure vitamin C content without looking at nutritional information on a package?
- What does an indicator solution do?
- How do we use indicator solutions?
- What are properties of materials?
- How do properties of materials affect the design of a sail?
- Which materials are most effective at catching the wind?
- How can we test sail designs?
- Once tested, how can we improve design?
- What are magnets?
- Are all magnets the same shape?
- Do all magnets have their poles at the ends of the magnets?
- How can a magnet be used to make an object move or float?
- Which magnet has the most power?
- What is attracted to a magnet?
- How do objects move?
- What makes an object move down a ramp?
- Will the surface of the ramp make a difference in how far or fast an object moves?
- Can we predict how far an object will move when it gets to the end of a ramp?
- What is a parachute?
- How does a parachute work?
- What shapes can make up a parachute?
- Can we make a parachute from a napkin?
- How do we test our parachutes?
- What are primary colors?
- What are secondary colors?
- Once a secondary color is created, can the colors be separated?
- What can we do to separate water soluble colors?
- What is chromotography?